Multi-billionaire (and likely eventual trillionaire) Michael Saylor is looking into earning some passive income for Microstrategy’s massive Bitcoin holdings.
— DocBach.eth (@crypto__munger) December 18, 2021
During Microstrategy’s virtual investor day, CEO Michael Saylor revealed that his software company is open to generating yield on its considerable Bitcoin holdings (122,478 bitcoin as of December 10th.
- Saylor noted during their investors call that Microstrategy is considering lending their Bitcoin to a “trustworthy counterparty.” The longtime Microstrategy CEO didn’t specify which custodian he is considering.
- Microstrategy is also considering a Bitcoin collateralized mortgage under the right “circumstances.”
- Saylor has previously given the example of the Rothschild’s dominance in New York real estate as an example of staying wealthy through generations. Instead of selling precious real estate, the family takes out loans using the property as collateral.
- Similar to Microstrategy, Bitcoin mining company Hut 8 HODL’s their bitcoin. They chose Genesis earlier this year as the custodian for their yield-generating efforts.
- “The BTC Yield account will enable Hut 8 to earn at a 4 percent rate of return on its BTC Holdings. With an initial investment of 1000 bitcoin, the Genesis Yield Account will allow Hut 8 to increase or decrease holdings with one days’ notice…” Hut 8 said via press release.
The post You May Soon Be Able To Borrow Michael Saylor’s Bitcoin appeared first on CryptosRus.