“Big four” accounting firm KPMG Canada is at it again, this time adding a non-fungible token to their cryptocurrency holdings, after first doing so earlier this month.
KPMG IN CANADA PURCHASES WORLD OF WOMEN NFT
— db (@tier10k) February 28, 2022
KPMG Canada announced via press release that it has purchased a World of Women NFT. Their crypto portfolio now includes the NFT, Bitcoin, and Ethereum.
Recommended: What is World Of Women NFT?
- KPMG Canada is proving to be quite the crypto bull aggressively adding to its treasury. The aforementioned investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum came just earlier this month.
- “This acquisition reflects our belief not only in the continued growth of NFTs, but in the value of WoW and its mission,” said Benjie Thomas, a managing partner at KPMG Canada. “Having now gone through the process, we are well-positioned to guide our clients around building a corporate NFT strategy, including, acquiring, and safeguarding NFTs.”
- WoW has enjoyed continued success since its mint. Among its biggest champions is actress Reese Witherspoon who owns Wow NFTs and promotes the project via social media.
- “We hope that our purchase draws more women into a sector that’s on the cusp of changing how we interact with one another in the future,” said Nancy Chase, a partner at KPMG Canada.
- KPMG also noted in their release that it has purchased carbon offsets, as part of its ESG commitments, in order to mitigate the energy costs of its crypto investments.