The Bogdanoff Twins: the crypto world mourns the passing of one half of its most beloved memes today.
One half of the Bogdanoff twins — and consequently one half of the “Pamp It” meme — Grichka Bogdanoff has passed away from Covid-19. Grichka was 72.
Recommended: Norm Macdonald Might Have Been A Crypto Bull
- Descendents of “European” royalty, the Bogdanoff Twins rose to prominence as French broadcasters. They appeared on Temps X in the 1980s, which covered science fiction and science fact.
- Years later the Bogdanoff Twins became the faces of a 4chan cryptocurrency meme propagated by YouTuber Bizonacci. The twins were chosen to represent the Boomers who pump and dump Bitcoin at will.
- The “Bogs” even got their own superhero adversary in the form Sminem. Sminem is widely credited with “saving” crypto.
- After successfully launching the memes into the crypto stratosphere in 2018, Bizonacci mysteriously disappeared never to be heard from again.
- Bitcoin archive tweeted that, “Bitcoin is at half-PAMP out of respect,” before promptly deleting it. Even the heavily meme’d deserve our respect!
- Some of crypto Twitter appears legitimately wistful over Grichka’s passing.
“It’s the man Grichka Bogdanoff running the markets down one last time as goodbye. RIP, biggest crypto meme!” tweeted Crypto Amsterdam.
- Grichka is survived by the other half to the Bogdanoff twins, Igor.